Saturday 15 October 2011

Nearly Exhausted

I've posted before on how I needed a rear section of exhaust and some of the troubles I've had in finding the right one. Here's how bad it was, there were about 3 sections like this in the rear pipe. The top has literally been eaten away and black soot is covering the bracket


Given the 2 non fitting exhausts I had, I took some advice from the guys in the South Wales Land Rover Club and visited Charlie at Pro-Speed Exhausts for some advice

He was really helpful and after a look around offered to widen the flare on the exhaust  I had already purchased for nothing.


 So this time it fitted first time, especially as I'd taken some more advice and lifted the chassis on a jack to give me more room over the rear axle. it reduced the stress in the job by about 95% Everything has of course been put back with new nuts and bolts where needed and lots of copper grease


There is a downside however in that the soot that you can see below which I had thought was coming from the rear section is now proven to be coming from the centre section. 


Charlie did offer to make me a stainless steel system, but I had hoped this was the last of the money I was going to need to spend this year, but it seems Katy's expensive tastes are going to continue for some time

Katy and I have decided to put the other not needed  exhaust in as a Children in Need donation to the club events to thank all the generous people who have helped us in this trouble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be submitted for moderation because of spammers we have to do this sorry