Sunday 18 March 2012

Paint Like Confettii and Fridge fitting

Whoever painted Katy did a really awful job of it. some strange pink undercoat put on in places over the several coats of army camouflage paint.

The paint is peeling and flaking all over the place and she really needs a complete respray, but for now she's going to have to put up with me doing some scraping, sanding and painting where it's really bad

I've got about 75% of the worst bits scraped and sanded now and a coat of acid etch primer sprayed on just to cover it up. she looks like a Dalmatian at present

As it started to rain I had to stop doing that, but it did mean that I completed most of the wiring for the fridge we bought recently as well. Just need to complete the earth connection and it will be ready for fitting and then cold beers galore

The fitting instructions for this fridge include a pair of large vents, but I've decided not to do that

What I've decided to do is to fit a powerful 12v PC cooling fan over the existing small vent hole. This is rated at only 20 dB which is good because the fridge is completely silent when running. I've fitted a switch to allow this to be turned on and off so we can turn it off in the extremely unlikely event that this quiet sound is disturbing our sleep. in that case we may also need to turn off the fridge so if that happens I'll probably end up fitting the larger vents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be submitted for moderation because of spammers we have to do this sorry