Wednesday 29 August 2012

The Wolf's at the Door

Following on from http://landroverkaty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/boing-part1.html where I replaced the rear springs and shocks on Katy, there was an improvement in the body roll, but not as much as I had hoped. This is really important to me in terms of safety so it's gone ahead of some of the other plans in terms of priority

Having been to Eastnor and had many people's good advice I took the plunge today and ordered a set of Wolf Wheels (ANR4583) These are tubeless rims (my tyres are actually tubeless, but my current wheel;s are not)

Because of a good offset, these will be about 2 inches wider across the rear axle and consistent front to rear so no more issues with that and only 1 spare wheel to carry from now on which will reduce the weight we're carrying up top 



Whilst I was there I bought longer Studs (FRC7577) which should be delivered with them


There is quite a bit of debate on the Land Rover forums on whether you need these longer studs or not in order to pass an MOT, and there is a very good summary of the difference that the wheels make and the amount of stud showing with different wheels here on the Landroverexpedition.com website.

My decision has been that despite the extra cost, I would like the extra certainty. I only have 4 wheels on the ground and to me the running gear is the most import aspect of any vehicle.


I've also inquired about a set of uprated Anti Roll bars  which will be here shortly afterwards if plans come to fruition, more about them to follow

I thought I'd bought a cheap Land Rover  !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be submitted for moderation because of spammers we have to do this sorry