Monday 1 March 2021

New Glass, Peeling Skins

I've had some great news that the windscreen has been fitted. I did not think that I was up to that job so happily it was done for me by Paul and Mike two experts with a lot of years experience and who did a quality job in a very short time 


Its amazing how much having a windscreen in place really makes it look like the job is progressing well. There are loads of things that I can get on with now that's done, but before I can move ahead there is actually one more welding job (remember a couple of posts ago I said all the welding was done, actually I had forgotten something) 

The door bottoms were rotten and were causing some bimetallic corrosion and the only way to resolve that is to peel open the door skin, clean up pretty much everything. put in new door frame

Here it is part way through the process where the new frame has been put in by Steve the welder and given a quick coat of primer


After that it was a case of paint everything and then put the door skin back in place with sealant to ensure that there is a separation between the steel and the aluminium door skin. 

And then where there had been corrosion on the outer surface it had to be filled, sanded and repainted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be submitted for moderation because of spammers we have to do this sorry