Friday 4 March 2011

First job and ... I Need Bigger Spanners

When I said I was getting a Land Rover to Malcolm Stewart, editor of Walking Wales Magazine and an old caving friend his first words after listening to the description were the 300 TDi engine is the best that Land Rover ever made, his second were "You'll need bigger spanners" if you're planning to work on it yourself

Now this already proved to be somewhat true when I got a new battery fitted at Halfords ( you can read about that and the reason I didn't do it myself here ), but I thought that was just because they only seemed to have a toolkit of 2 spanners

So now I get to doing a couple of jobs myself, and guess what I Need Bigger Spanners well not actually yet, but I can see the problem.

I have to store the spare wheels on the roof and the bolt downs were totally rusted and I needed my largest but one spanner and a lot of WD40 in order to remove them and I can see that most of the other bolts on the car are bigger than these

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be submitted for moderation because of spammers we have to do this sorry