Saturday 19 March 2011

In my Element

I can tell that the Lights on Katy leave a little to be desired. I thought I had fixed one indicator bad connection, but it's back. So today I decided to take them apart and do the job properly

I think you can see some of the problem when you see the state of the bulbs and light covers




How any photons made their way past all of that is frankly quite a mystery, and when I say that the contacts for the bulbs were in a similar state you can get the picture

So today I got out a couple of bowls of hot soapy water, a sponge and some wire wool and have cleaned up all of the contacts on the indicators and sidelights front and back and hey presto the lights all work

A couple of the covers are cracked and water's going to get back in again unless I do better so let's hope it stays that way for a while and I get chance to hit an auto jumble or breakers yard for the bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be submitted for moderation because of spammers we have to do this sorry