Tuesday 5 April 2011

Damascus Steel

In a prior post about the history of Katy I put on-line a picture of a sticker that is in the windscreen with Arabic writing on it, and mused about what it meant

Now, thanks to 2 colleagues ( Thanks John and Nafez ) I know what it means. So here it is: -

Services Center

Land Rover & Range Rover Defender Discovery 4 X 4 – 90 – 110

Zohair Kordi

Damascus- Harasta -High way Halab Next to Police Traffic station
Tel: 5310313 ' Tel/ Fax: 5317235.

So now I know that, I wonder what maintenance was done or whether it was just a social visit and I also wonder whether we will pass back through that area again. I would like to think that would be possible one day

For those that don't know about it Damascus Steel is one of the most sought after old steel forms. It was reputed to be almost magical in it's sharpness and flexibility, somethign that medoern researchers have questioned, bit it still looks superb even in the modern forms that just mimic it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damascus_steel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be submitted for moderation because of spammers we have to do this sorry